- Flexible work: US (Remote), ET, PT or CT Time Zones.
Our mission at Operata is to make ‘people experience’ the measure of communications quality - It's about better connection.
Operata unlocks the potential of modern CX platforms with a real-time performance monitoring and CX observability solution built for cloud contact centers.
Take a look at our story, our mission, our people, our values and our benefits to dig in!
We are a remote-first company headquartered in Melbourne, Australia with team members in Australia, New Zealand and the US.
About the role
An energetic, ambitious and technically adept Business Development pro to help establish Operata as the category leader for CX observability for cloud contact centers.
Working closely with our VP Business Development, you manage the GTM relationship with one or more of our cloud contact center platform partners (currently AWS, Genesys, NICE and growing) , their community of consulting partners and contact center customers including enterprises and BPOs.
You are willing to build your domain expertise and operational understanding of call centers/contact centers and the impact that cloud technologies and shifts in operating models are having on modern contact centers.
You have experience in technical sales, solutions architecture, sales engineering or enterprise sales in cloud or communications related software products e.g. cloud platforms, telecoms, VoIP, CRM/ERP applications, CPaaS, UCaaS, CCaaS.
You have demonstrated an ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, the capability to demo products to audiences, convey value propositions and work across matrixed organisations to build consensus.
You run hands-on product demonstrations and proof of concepts, to highlight the value of the product and how it relates to business value for your customer
- Manage new business and growth in allocated accounts.
- Spearhead targeted partner acquisition
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline and oversee sales and partner development.
- Develop and execute against a sales plan to meet and exceed revenue, customer acquisition and customer referenceability targets.
- Work with CCaaS Vendors and Consulting partners to develop new shared pipeline, sell into existing customers & drive growth and expand adoption of Operata in existing accounts.
- Work with the VP Business Development, CEO and GTM team to refine and iterate the GTM Plan.
- Manage contract negotiations supported by the GTM team.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with partners and key accounts.
- Drive customer satisfaction and referencability measured by high NPS and CSAT.
- Support a metrics-driven sales culture standardising and supporting our sales operations.
- Create BD coverage across US time zones (ET and PT) to accelerate Operata’s US based GTM.
Knowledge and Experience
- Have proven experience (8+ years) of technology related SaaS sales or business development into enterprise accounts
- Experience in ‘sell-with’ sales, channel sales and working selling SaaS with SI’s
- Experience working in ISVs which sell with matrixed technology organisations and consulting/SI partners.
- Have knowledge and experience in CCaaS, On Premise Contact Centers, telecoms, VoIP, CRM/ERP applications, CPaaS and UCaaS
- Have achieved post-graduate qualifications in engineering, computer science, or MIS, business or related fields.
- Promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from founders and executives to internal product and sales team across the breadth and depth of the business.
- Exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there.
A great culture to bring out your best
At Operata, we embrace inclusion and embrace diversity.
We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class flexibility that supports our Operatas’ along their career journey with us.
For us, better connection is something we live - with our people, customers, partners and our team, it’s reflected in our 8 core values:
- Execute the why. Grow with purpose.
- Play the long game. Build respect, value relationships.
- Progress over perfection. Act and iterate.
- Be fearless. Be empowered to innovate without fear.
- We’re customers too. We solve the problems we have.
- Impress yourself. Do it because you think it is valuable.
- Leave it better than we found it. Use our knowledge to do some good.
- Be thoughtful. Think first, empathise, consider our impact.
Read more about our culture and values.
- Comprehensive Healthcare. Great package including vision and dental.
- Remote setup. All you need to get setup and do your best work.
- 4 weeks vacation leave. Extra time beyond the standard breaks.
Read more about the benefits of working at Operata here.
Operata is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Operata prohibits discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.