- Flexible work: Remote within Australia & NZ timezones or Melbourne CBD office
- Team member, reporting to the Principal Engineer
- Software startup, cutting edge technology
Operata is building the world’s first experience monitoring and assurance platform for cloud contact centers.
Our mission is to make ‘people experience’ the measure of communications quality - It's about better connection.
We are a remote-first company headquartered in Melbourne, Australia with team members in Australia and New Zealand
About the role
Full Stack Engineers at Operata are focused on making Operata the most reliable, trusted performance and experience monitoring platform around. Our engineering teams have built data pipelines that process millions of events per day and applications that support powerful monitoring and analytics at scale.
Our platforms are built on AWS, where we use technologies including EKS, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudFormation and S3.
Our software is created using Go, Python, Scala, React, Redux, Cypress and Jest.
We rely on Kubernetes, Serverless, Docker, Opensearch, Flink, Superset, Postgres and Auth0.
We use a combination of managed and self-hosted approaches to build and manage our systems including Gitlab, Terraform, Jira and Datadog.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an autonomous, well-supported team where you can hone your skills & develop new ones.
How you will make an impact
- Build out our high-quality SaaS performance monitoring applications and API's.
- Figure out new ways to solve complex problems relating to real-time media data collection, quality measurement, test and assurance automation.
- Work with 3rd party APIs (Browser, Voice, ML, AI, CPaaS, CCaaS, UCaaS, SaaS) to extract meaningful data for our customers.
- Get your hands dirty with data collection, data analytics and related machine learning tools.
- Contribute to and challenge our platform and its architecture.
- Work on R&D projects in response to customer-driven requests.
- Contribute to the product and engineering roadmap, and company success.
- Surprise yourself: Learn a whole bunch of new tricks.
- You have 3+ years demonstrable experience in full-stack development.
- Bachelor Level University qualifications in IT, Computer Science or related Engineering field.
- You will have a good-level understanding of Server Side development (Go or similar, Micro-services architecture).
- You will have experience and proficiency with other core technologies in the Operata stack.
- Experience with or understanding of AWS is advantageous.
- You promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems.
- You demonstrate clear decision making and good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, and architectural settings.
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from founders and executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the business.
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there.
A great culture to bring out your best
For us, better connection is something we live - with our people, customers, partners and our team, it’s reflected in our 8 core values:
- Execute the why. Grow with purpose.
- Play the long game. Build respect, value relationships.
- Progress over perfection. Act and iterate.
- Be fearless. Be empowered to innovate without fear.
- We’re customers too. We solve the problems we have.
- Impress yourself. Do it because you think it is valuable.
- Leave it better than we found it. Use our knowledge to do some good.
- Be thoughtful. Think first, empathise, consider our impact.
Read more about our culture and values.
Perks you'll love
Here at Operata we pride ourselves on harbouring a flexible and inclusive working environment, with all the perks that make working at Operata great:
- Flexible working arrangements, so you can to do your best work in a way that works for you.
- Distributed working allowance, including workspace improvements and high-speed internet.
- Family Flexibility & Parental Leave, with up to twelve weeks paid maternity leave in addition to the PPLS.
- Career Development, including a training budget and time-off to hone your learning.
- We believe in being a Carbon Positive Employer and offsetting our CO2 emissions.
- Wellness programs to keep you fit in body and mind whilst working remotely.
- Rest up with a Spotify Premium, Netflix, Disney or YouTube Premium subscription - on the house!
- We offer the latest hardware and the best tools-of-the-trade to do your job well.
- Regular Friday fun-times and heaps of SWAG!
Read more about the benefits of working at Operata here.
Operata is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Operata prohibits discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.