- Flexible work: Remote within US(ET, PT and CT Timezones), Australia & NZ timezones or Melbourne CBD office
Our mission at Operata is to make ‘people experience’ the measure of communications quality - It's about better connection.
Operata unlocks the potential of modern CX platforms with a real-time performance monitoring and CX observability solution built for cloud contact centers.
Take a look at our story, our mission, our people, our values and our benefits to dig in!
We are a remote-first company headquartered in Melbourne, Australia with team members in Australia, New Zealand and the US.
About the role
An energetic, ambitious and technically adept Content Strategist, Storyteller, Brand-builder, Writer and Marketer to help position Operata as the category leader for CX observability for cloud contact centers.
The purpose of this role is to lead, strategize and create compelling content that teaches people the value of Operata and the benefits of CX Observability and Actionability to their businesses.
We are looking for a driven content strategist to develop and execute content strategies that build Operata’s brand, drive traffic and generate leads. Our ultimate goal is to build out and execute a high quality content strategy which includes output such as marquee content pieces, a newsletter, articles, blogs and guest posts that will promote the power of modern voice applications, the challenges this new world creates and the benefits of Operata to solve them. We want to promote our role as thought leaders in voice customer experience and the importance of voice performance to business. We have some ideas about what this might look like, but you’ll have the opportunity to help us define the path towards this goal.
The core of the role is producing great writing. This will come in different forms including newsletters, articles, blog posts, emails, customer stories, social posts and more. You will also edit and shape content produced by other members of the team and script and develop video content that you’ll need to lead in terms of content/structure and work with video production experts to produce the final content.
The content you produce will be targeted at a range of contact center and technology professionals. You will need to spend time with these audiences and researching their perspectives to understand how they work and how Operata could help them before turning these insights into content.
All of our content will include some form of visual communication. Ideally you’ll produce some of these images yourself, as well as brief our design team to produce graphics for certain pieces of content that require a higher level of polish.
You’ll work with product and domain experts in our team and other freelance writers to edit their work and ensure it matches the overall tone and style we’ll define together for the Operata brand. You’ll also review and edit product marketing for style and tone.
How you will make an impact
- Developing clear and engaging content that builds on the company's brand and addresses both business goals and consumer needs.
- Analyzing content marketing data to identify trends and anticipate consumer needs.
- Performing content audits to assess how well existing content is performing.
- Delegating tasks to writers and editors and providing feedback.
- Creating, adjusting, and managing the editorial calendar.
- Drive awareness of Operata through great content that highlights the power of Voice to transform customer experience..
- Work with Operata partners, other sites, blogs and business influencers to organise colabs and reciprocal marketing.
- Pitch your articles to trade and tech publications.
- Develop and execute against a content plan
- Work with customers to write and film case studies, seek testimonials and obtain approval to use these in Operata marketing.
- Build a metrics-driven marketing culture standardising and supporting our marketing operations.
- Work closely with the founders to brainstorm and craft content pieces that capture Operata value propositions and solutions.
Personal attributes and qualifications
- You have proven experience in writing
- You will have Bachelor Level University qualifications in the Arts, Journalism, Marketing, Business or have a similar equivalent background.
- An interest in technology or business is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- You promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from founders and executives across the breadth and depth of the business.
A great culture to bring out your best
At Operata, we embrace inclusion and embrace diversity.
We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class flexibility that supports our Operatas’ along their career journey with us.
For us, better connection is something we live - with our people, customers, partners and our team, it’s reflected in our 8 core values:
- Execute the why. Grow with purpose.
- Play the long game. Build respect, value relationships.
- Progress over perfection. Act and iterate.
- Be fearless. Be empowered to innovate without fear.
- We’re customers too. We solve the problems we have.
- Impress yourself. Do it because you think it is valuable.
- Leave it better than we found it. Use our knowledge to do some good.
- Be thoughtful. Think first, empathise, consider our impact.
Read more about our culture and values.
- Comprehensive Healthcare. Great package including vision and dental.
- Remote setup. All you need to get setup and do your best work.
- 4 weeks vacation leave. Extra time beyond the standard breaks.
Read more about the benefits of working at Operata here.
Operata is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Operata prohibits discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.